Lana K. W. Austin
-
Lana K. W. Austin’s poems, short stories, and reviews have recently been
featured in *Mid-AmericanReview, Sou’wester, Columbia Journal, Zone 3,
Appalachia...
-
Inhale the yawning frost
let it gather and collect
beside your sleepy heart
drowsy from neglect.
Rest your ghostly frame,
hush her muddled drawl.
You say ...
wow quite a unique perspective, a new twist to 'if these walls could talk' :) the format is perfect for the scenario even if it is a little hard to read at the top. cool.
Very poignant and close to raw emotions. I specially liked the way you have used the picture and the words on the floor to highlight the story... in graphic way.. thanks
ॐ नमः शिवाय Om Namah Shivaya Twitter: @VerseEveryDay Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com
I love this and the last bit is awesome!
ReplyDeletePamela
Brilliant concept! I love how you do that. :-)
ReplyDeletethis is amazing flashback poem.
ReplyDeletewow,
u impress me!
I love this. The picture you laid the poem out on is perfect. It's so sad. What a talent!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightfully funny look at crime, life and death from a completely different aspect.
ReplyDeleteBrilliantly done!!
ReplyDeleteUnique presentation! Loved it!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I LOVE this. The format is great but I actually just really love the poem itself. You seriously outdid yourself this time :) Fantastic job
ReplyDeleteIf floors could talk...
ReplyDeleteisn't something you hear every day. :D
As always I appreciate the time you fellow poets take out to stop by my little corner of the net (^_^)...ONE::
ReplyDeletehttp://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/thursday-poets-rally-week-30/
ReplyDeletewelcome to Rally week 30,
a most 3 poems are accepted within 7 days…
Happy Thursday!
wow quite a unique perspective, a new twist to 'if these walls could talk' :) the format is perfect for the scenario even if it is a little hard to read at the top. cool.
ReplyDeleteVery poignant and close to raw emotions. I specially liked the way you have used the picture and the words on the floor to highlight the story... in graphic way.. thanks
ReplyDeleteॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com
http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/the-perfect-poet-award-4-poets-rally-week-30/
ReplyDeleteI am honoring you an award,
thanks for the outstanding contribution!
The whole story in a poem ... a twist on the fly on the wall thing ... Excellent. Raw. Well done... A fine contribution to Poets Rally. Thank you.
ReplyDeletePoem on ...
Wow, that was great. I love the picture along with the poem. Very creative.
ReplyDeleteSo creative - you are really talented.
ReplyDeleteThis was very creative and of coarse you alway write it out amazingly!!!
ReplyDelete